The Best FREE Allergen Course
for your Staff
Why doesn’t STC offer a training course specifically on Allergens?
Because there is already a fantastic course available to you.
And it’s free!
The Food Standards Agency’s
food allergy online training
You can find the course by clicking here: https://allergytraining.food.gov.uk/english/
Study the modules and pass the tests to get a continuing professional development (CPD) certificate.
This training will meet the BRCGS Food Issue 8 clause requirement for all staff to be trained on allergens.
This FSA training has been developed by the Agency for enforcement officers. However, it might also be of interest to food business operators, those involved in selling or producing food or anyone wanting to learn more about food allergies.
As course writers ourselves, yes this is a great course. It’s written at a level that everyone can understand but it also requires a good level of concentration and application to get through. So, it’s suitable for everyone in your organisation if you work with food or packaging.
There are six modules to study, each with a test.
These modules cover:
- Module 1: current and incoming rules and legislation
- Module 2: the effects that allergies have in the body
- Module 3: considerations of allergies in the factory
- Module 4: how allergenic ingredients should be displayed on the label
- Module 5: identifying allergens in example of dishes in the restaurant
- Module 6: how food businesses should be providing consumers with allergen information about the non-prepacked food they serve
We all know the risks that allergens pose today to those who are susceptible to dangerous immune responses because of allergies.
Don’t take any chances.
Train your staff.
It’s free, and all you have to do is allow for the time to complete the course.
The training material covers catering and manufacturing premises, so it is appropriate for officers responsible for food hygiene and standards.
It aims to:
- improve awareness of food allergies among food law enforcement officers
- enable officers to communicate five simple messages about food allergies during a food business inspection
- enable officers to audit allergen control measures during an inspection
- raise awareness of allergens as part of any hazard analysis system and to demonstrate allergen control that can be built into such a system
- raise awareness of sources of information on food allergies
Each module contains several multiple choice questions. If you answer 85% of all questions correctly, you’ll be able to download a CPD certificate (equivalent to three hours for CPD) to certify you’ve completed this online training course.
Need a higher level of training?
Or contact us for any consultation requirements you may have.