Is it for me?
Lean Process Mapping training is ideal for Is it for me? anyone who has responsibility for problem-solving in an organisation, particularly when related to resource management, customer satisfaction or problem /100pceffective avoidance. There are no prerequisites for taking this training course and you do not need any experience of Business Improvement.
What will I learn?
This Process Mapping training will help you give clarity to complex systems and chains of communications in your office. Once processes are visually represented on a process map, it is much easier to identify the problems and bottlenecks causing delays or mistakes. This course comes with 5 CPD points and can be learnt online, in the classroom or we can come to you.
The course will cover the following:
- Introduction to Lean Process Mapping – what is it, where did it come from and its philosophy
- What a process is, including a look at different levels and tools required
- Why do we need to map a process?
- What is Lean process mapping?
- How to run a successful process mapping session
- Process mapping software and what to use
- What to do with your process map – how to get the best out of your mapping sessions
- How to run a process mapping session/brown paper exercise
- Tips and techniques for success
Process mapping tools and techniques covered on this course include enough theory, examples and exercises to master them. The process maps covered are:
- SIPOC process maps
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Swimlane process maps
- Y=F(x)+e process maps
- Activity diagrams
- Spaghetti diagrams
- IDEF Modelling
- ‘To be’ process maps and how to develop them
The duration and price of the course depends on how you choose to learn. Take a look at the tabs above for more details about our online, classroom and in-house options.
While this may be a short course, it provides so many benefits both to learners as individuals and for their employers.
This Process Mapping course will equip you with all the tools and information you need to understand processes, and map them clearly in order to illustrate areas for improvement.
Following the completion of the Process Mapping course you will:
- Understand the concept of Lean Process Mapping and its role within a process improvement environment
- Understand Lean Process Mapping and how to run basic Process Mapping training yourself
- Be familiar with some of the more commonly used Process Mapping tools and techniques
- Be able to identify the most appropriate level of mapping for a particular problem or situation
- Understand how to work with a team to generate the various types of Process Maps in practice, and how to use them as part of your process improvement activities
- Have practised mapping at different levels, and understand some of the pitfalls
By completing the Process Mapping training you’ll receive 5 internationally recognised CPD points and should have the confidence to begin mapping processes within the business immediately.
There are no prerequisites for taking this training course.
Who should attend?
This Process Mapping course is ideal for anyone who has responsibility for problem solving within the business, particularly when related to resource management, customer satisfaction or problem avoidance.
However, if you think a greater understanding of process mapping would help you in your role, it probably will!