ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING UPDATE
It’s great to see that BRCGS have acknowledged that section 4.11.8 of the standard (relating to pathogens and spoilage organisms) simply doesn’t apply to a small number of food / beverage manufacturers. This comes up in detailed discussion on every BRCGS Food 8 Lead Auditor course as well as the Environmental Monitoring course I deliver.
The following products are an example of those sites where environmental monitoring can be justified as not required. However, do remember to justify why in your risk assessment!
- Alcoholic beverages and vinegar’s
- Salt and sugar in their dry ‘pure’ form
- Edible oils with no added ingredients
- Fully enclosed production.
- Whole vegetables, sold unwashed
Don’t hesitate to get in touch for advice!
Contact Cathy: firstname.lastname@example.org.