This 5-day in-depth training course will provide an understanding of the Standard in terms of the protocol, requirements and how to audit effectively.
Delegates will also gain an in-depth guide to the requirements of the standard, and learn how to undertake a BRC audit, including effective planning, conducting and reporting of the audit. Auditing techniques will be practiced and developed, to include the auditor competency skills required of GFSI scheme auditors. Delegates must have a prior working knowledge of quality management systems and auditing within the relevant manufacturing sector, and have completed a HACCP course of at least 2 days duration.
Successful completion of this course, including the exam, forms part of the training necessary to become a BRC Global Standards auditor. The steps necessary to complete your training must be arranged with a BRC Global Standards-approved certification body.
This course is part of the BRC Global Standards Professional recognition programme.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Certification body auditors or new auditors seeking registration, technical and quality managers who wish to gain an in-depth underatanding of the audit process, consultants.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
To provide an understanding of:
- The details of the scheme
- The requirements of the Standard and how compliance can be demonstrated
- BRC Global Standards auditing protocol
- Effective auditing techniques
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL
- Understand the background & benefits of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
- Understand the relationship with SALSA, ISO and GFSI-benchmarked Standards.
- Know the fundamental clauses and statements of intent.
- Understand audit methodology, the enrolment program and the audit schemes.
- Know how to close an audit and deal with corrective actions.
- Know how reports are uploaded onto the BRC Directory & how certificates are issued.
- Understand the benefits of a BRC Global Standards Directory listing.
- Understand how certification bodies are monitored for compliance by BRC Global Standards.