This 2-day course addresses one of the key requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety: the adoption & implementation of a HACCP system.
The course programme reflects the requirements of the Standard with regard to the implementation of a HACCP system, and will introduce delegates to the BRC Global Standards requirements, quality systems, HACCP and the background to HACCP, BRC Global Standards and Codex.
This course is part of the BRC Global Standards Professional recognition programme.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Food site technical managers, quality managers and quality teams
- Members of food safety management teams implementing HACCP or food safety plans
- Food laboratory directors, managers and technicians
- Consultants and researchers involved in food safety.
- It may also be considered as staff development for those working towards promotion
- BRC Global Standards Professionals.
AT THE END OF THE COURSE YOU WILL
- Be able to explain the BRC Global Standards requirements in relation to HACCP.
- Be able to describe Codex Alimentarius principles of HACCP.
- Be able to describe the reasons HACCP may fail, and the most common BRC Global Standards non-conformities related to HACCP.
- Be able to explain the importance of management commitment & prerequisite programmes.
- Be able to complete the preparatory stages for developing the HACCP plan.
- Be able to conduct a hazard analysis, determine critical control points, and develop a HACCP plan with monitoring, corrective action and verification activities.